Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's a marathon not a sprint

Our babies have a long road ahead of them, but things are stable today. Both Reagan and Eden had to have different ventilators, but are tolerating them well and starting to breathe on their own Both babies are getting injections for lung maturity and are having nutrition via their umbilical cords.

I am recovering very well and have been up and around a lot. My BPs are stable and will likely go home on BP medications. I will be discharged on Friday and am looking forward to it, but also worried about leaving the babies here without us. It will be hard but I know that they're in great hands at Children's.

Our families have been here this week and its wonderful! Thank you all for your prayers, well wishes, cards, flowers and gifts!

Scott and I would prefer no visitors until I go home on Friday. After that point please call us to set up a time to see the babies in the NICU. We are more than happy to have visitors there, but they limit the number of people so we need respect their rules.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    I grew up with Scott in Maynard. We used to play croquet around the "block" with other neighbor kids. ;)

    My dear friend and college track teammate, Becky, had her daughter, Nyssa, very early. Nyssa was 1 lb 7 oz when she was born and I can still vividly remember a picture of her dad's wedding band around her tiny little arm. She was in the hospital for a long time. But today -- she is a happy, perfectly healthy, athletic little 9-yr-old girl!

    I'm sure you've heard stories about other small babies, but I thought I'd share this one about Nyssa because I'm still so amazed at the wonderful miracle that she is. And so are your girls!

    Peace and Prayers,
    Alycia A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amanda, they are beautiful babies! I am so happy for you. What a miracle of a day the day they were born. God answered your prayers and gave you all the gift of life. You are obviously all strong girls and fighters! Dont look at the road ahead, be in the journey. That is where the focus is now...and the joy. I wish you continued courage and strength and girl power!

    Congratulations! MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. scott and amanda,

    our thoughts and prayers are with you today and everyday throughout your journey. please let us know if you need anything.

    love,

    scott and lisa bottolene

    ReplyDelete