Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Holding our babies!




1 month, 6 days
Gestational age: 33 weeks, 3 days

Yesterday we held both babies!! What a great day. They both did fantastic. Scott held his little Eden for the very first time! When we hold these little girls the world stops and nothing else matters. I truly never want to let them go. Our hearts are so full of love!!!

Eden is being weaned down on her 02 levels slowly but steadily. We will talk about possible extubation (removing her vent tube) next week, but we will just wait until we see it. She is steadily gaining weight and she now enjoys being swaddled into what I can a burrito.

Reagan is doing well on her Si-PAP and her next step would be the C-PAP. She is being weaned off her nitric oxide, and should be off that within the next day or two. Her feedings are also going well and she is gaining weight. She has learned how to smile and what a beautiful little mouth she has!

Please continue to pray for our girls specifically that Eden will get off the vent very soon and that she will gains lots of weight. And that Reagan can take the next step to the C-PAP. Also pray for Scott and I this weekend as we will be away from them in Madison, WI for Scott's Ironman. I am afraid to leave them, but the RN's encourage us that this is a well-needed break and the girls will be fine. They said we can call 20 times if we need to.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update - those pictures are precious! Praying for a great weekend away, filled with confidence that the girls will be alright and will continue improving and growing. And prayers for Scott as he competes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow..the photos are amazing Amanda! I'm so happy that they are doing so well. You and the babies are constantly on my mind. GL Scott!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott and Amanda,

    My friend Alycia shared your story with me, and I have been following your blog. I often read it with tears in my eyes because I know what you are going through. My daughter was born at 29 weeks at just 1lb8oz. You are so right about the roller coaster ride that you are on right now. We celebrated even the smallest milestones and actually made a cake and had a little party when she finally hit 3 pounds. :) It was a very long road, and so stressful, but I want to tell you that Nyssa is now 10 years old, playing soccer and just starting to learn the viola in the school orchestra. They do grow up to be healthy children!! She is my inspiration. I think of you often, and if you want/need to talk ever, any time, please contact me. My email is samrebe2008@gmail.com

    Praying for you and your family,
    Becky Sam

    ReplyDelete