Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Comparison

Scott dressed Reagan yesterday and as soon as I saw her I remembered something. I went to the computer and found a picture of Eden from March before we went to TX. Eden is heavily sedated in the picture (first one) and she scratched her face during an episode of shortness of breath, but she's still absolutely beautiful. And the second picture is of Reagan in the same outfit, she also looks just beautiful. They truly were identical.... the similarities are so evident. It makes me so sad that we will not see Eden grow and develop as Reagan has, and to dress them alike. I miss her so deeply. Even though the sun was shining today, I feel very heavy and dark. I want to feel completely happy again.... but I'm not entirely sure that's possible. Reagan gives me so much happiness, she's such a joy! But I still feel that emptiness in my heart.
EDEN


REAGAN

2 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda,
    You don't know me, but I've been following your blog since last winter. A friend from my church had your site on FB asking for prayer for your family. I feel like I know you and pray often for you. It's so great to see the smiling pictures of Reagan and see how she is growing! I She is so precious! I know your heart is heavy as you grieve the loss of Eden. Your story and faith has been such an encouragement to me (and many others I bet). I hope each day is a little easier.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that shirt, and it brings a tear to my eye... I remember thinking how beautiful she was in that color.

    ReplyDelete