On Saturday June 2nd we were joined by 20 friends and family
at the Baby Steps 3K hosted by and benefiting Children's Hospitals and Clinics
of Minnesota. We were so happy to be
apart of an event like this to raise money for a great organization but more
importantly we were able to have a special day to remember our sweet Eden and
find joy in the amazing progress that Reagan has made. This reunion of our NICU family was so much
fun and we were so excited to show off Reagan to the nurses, doctors and staff
from the NICU. These people mean so much
to us, they were truly a family for us and they saw Reagan and Eden at their
worst when they were sick and struggling to breathe. They traveled along the journey with us
hoping and praying that our girls would turn out healthy and happy. They were overjoyed to see how far Reagan has
come and we were so proud to point out that Reagan is almost caught up developmentally
and hasn't been sick since she's been home!
We could barely walk 5 steps in the party area without stopping to talk
to everyone we knew and Reagan was such a ham all day! God has given us an amazing gift and though
we don't have Eden to hold in our arms we know that good things will happen and
are happening with her short life. Eden
was with us on Saturday, I could feel her presence and delight in remembering
her beautiful face. God gives us these
special moments in life so that we can feel happiness and for those I am
tremendously grateful. A HUGE thank you
to all of our friends and family who walked with us on Saturday and a special
thank you to all those who donated to such a great organization. Thank you, we love all of you!
Now on to the title of this blog... Reagan has just started
to throw temper tantrums. It is mostly
when she's tired but she turns into an uncontrollable little thing. On Sunday night after our crazy busy weekend
she had an EPIC meltdown/tantrum- worse than we've ever seen before. As first time parents we have taken the
stance of stand back and watch, but I'm wondering if there's anything else we
can do. Any advice or ideas are
appreciated :)
Finally, we celebrated a very special event this past
weekend also. Our nephew Aaron graduated
from high school. We are tremendously
proud of him and excited to see what the rest of his life with hold. Congratulations Aaron (although I'm not sure
he actually reads my blog).
Hi I just wanted to share some of my success with temper tantrums. When my daughter was under two, and currently with my youngest, the thing I concentrated on was not allowing the fit to continue by interceding through a firm face and tone (not angry). I kept what I said short and direct e.g. "No, that is not ok." Then I would pick her up and take her home, if we were already going, or put her in the stroller if we were shopping. After she was two we started disciplining depending on the severity of the tantrum. Really what it comes down to is letting them know that that is not ok and you need to be calm and consistent. Best of luck
ReplyDelete