Saturday, January 19, 2013

Busy month

Lobby Day at the State Capital
Lobby Day at the State Capital
Senator Hoffman
Lobby Day at the State Capital

We have been a very busy family this month! 

I am happy to announce that we were selected to be the Ambassador Family for the March of Dimes 75th anniversary year!  We feel very honored and will be participating in many activities with the MOD throughout the year.  Our first event was on Jan 15th which was Lobby Day for the MOD.  I was invited to tell our story to lawmakers in about 2-3 minutes at the state capital.  I’ve included our “story” below!  The idea is that this story would be impactful and memorable to encourage lawmakers to support the MOD and ultimately any changes in government to support moms and babies healthcare.  We were even asked to do a short interview for channel 5!!  This was very unexpected and done in only one take.  See the link here for Reagan’s TV debut!!!   Reagan was really the hit of the day- everyone loved her and she made lots of new friends.

We received lots of compliments from the MOD staff but the best feeling was knowing that we were honoring Eden’s life.   

“Thank you to Amanda Hedin for sharing her NICU experience with Senator Hoffman. Amanda did a beautiful job of conveying her story to the Senator.” Martha Overby, State Director of Program Services & Government Affairs.
 

We have also been taking steps towards getting Eden’s Garden running legally.  Our paperwork is in progress and we’ve met with our web designer for our new website!!  We cannot wait to unveil our new website!!  Remember we need your help to make Eden’s Garden a success.  Please make your donations to our PayPal account by using edensgardenmn@hotmail.com as the recipient. 


Finally, this I’m very BUSY at work!  The Mother Baby Center will be opening Feb 4th and I am leading the project of ensuring that all our physicians and midwives are oriented to the new center.  My tour guide skills are greatly refined doing 6-8 tours per day.  It’s fun to deepen these relationships with providers and to show off our beautiful new space for moms and babies.  I am so passionate about this project because I’ve lived it from a patient perspective and I’m happy to say that the new Mother Baby Center will result in better care for families which is also part of Eden’s Garden mission.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment