Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ornament remembrance tradition


Sometimes it’s hard to not let ourselves get bogged down in the Christmas hustle and bustle.  Instead we remember to keep Eden’s memory alive by doing something special like this together- no technology, no interruptions, no noise- it feels like she’s with us. Reagan LOVES crafts. I have no idea where she picked up this hobby because if you’ve been reading this blog for anytime you will realize that I am anything but crafty.  But…. I am a good researcher!  I can find the cutest crafts and usually execute with the help of my semi-crafty hubby. 

Step 1:   Button shopping and sorting.  Surprisingly easy.  Crafty stores sell buttons by the jar!



Step 2:   String buttons in a Christmas tree like fashion. 
 

Step 3:   Pause to go get your pink broom and dustpan, proceed to throw buttons on the floor so you can clean. Yes, this is Reagan's step.  And yes she LOVES to clean. Not sure where she got that from either, as I hate to clean so much that now we have a cleaning person :-)
 

Step 4:   Hang mini- Christmas trees on real Christmas tree.  One for our sweet Eden in heaven and one for our silly, beautiful Reagan right here in our arms.



Reagan also made her own little button wreath and chose wooden spoons to display them!  Our ornament fun and memories of Eden are always so beautiful.  Merry Christmas to all!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment