23 days old
It was a bonus to go to the NICU at 1:30pm today because there was a root beer float social. We were pretty excited about this until we met Reagan's primary RN Lynn in the hallway. She said that the plan for today is that we were going to hold Reagan while she switched out her isolettes!! The surprise on our faces was huge and we were way more excited than the root beer float excitement!! For one precious hour we held our little muffin and it was amazing. We asked Lynn to give us a time limit because we wouldn't put her back if she didn't set a limit. We took turns holding her and that was also hard, I told Scott that I didn't want to give her up. He had the best and early birthday present today- to hold one of his little girls.
Her response was fantastic, her heart rate was low and O2 levels stable. She was so warm and comfortable in our arms and against our chests. I'm sure my beating heart was a familiar reminder to her and she seemed to enjoy it.
We are praying everyday that our little Eden grows quickly so that we can hold her too.
that is so amazing! I am so excited that you got to hold one of your precious little girls today!
ReplyDeletehow exciting to hold Reagan, I am sure your heart just aches when you can't hold them, there is nothing like cuddling with a baby. We are sending prayers your way. Doug and Brenda
ReplyDeleteWow!! I am so happy for all of you!! It is a miracle come true, and brought tears of joy to my eyes...Love and prayers continue in your direction :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome post! I am soooo happy for you and your dh that you got to hold her for so long. I hear it's really good for them to lay on your bare skin so that is great. Continuing to pray for you and your babies :)
ReplyDeleteThat is too sweet :) Praying for you guys and the girls!
ReplyDelete