Actual Age: 7 months
Adjusted Age: 4 months
Eden had her cardiac catherization today. She tolerated it OK, she had to be given a lot of sedation but overall things went very well. The results however were not good. We hoped and prayed that her pressures from her pulmonary hypertension wouldn't be too bad- they were bad, really bad. On a scale from 1 to 25 (25 being the worst) her score was 23.6. This means that our little girl is extremely critical. There are no other options for her but a lung transplant. This is a very scary endeavor and we are terrified for her. We will find out more information soon, but for now please PRAY that Eden is a candidate for the transplant and that she can be stable until she is ready for transplant.
Thank you all for praying for her today.
Praying hard for Eden's good health and strength for her parents...
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for this news. The word transplant is terrifying, but never stop believing in miracles. I will be praying for Eden relentlessly.
ReplyDeleteI have gotten to know a family that was in the NICU at the same time as your girls and Liam (I think you've read about him on my blog). Their son just recently received a heart transplant and is doing great. If you want me to put you in touch with his mom, I'd be happy to do so. I'm sure she would be able to provide you with support and insight into the experience. Heart and lung transplants are obviously different, but I'm sure the fear and hope are the same.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I stopped in to see you and Eden on Wednesday but sounds like I just missed you.
Thinking of you constantly,
Steph
oh, you guys, I'm sorry to hear this news. We're praying! We're also grateful you have a BIG and loving Savior and LORD to cling to in these scary moments. "Cast all your cares upon the LORD, for he cares for you" (1 Peter).
ReplyDeleteJeremy & Keri
poor sweet angel (& mommy & daddy!) so very sorry to read the news. i will be praying to a God who is BIG and who can do MORE than we can ASK or IMAGINE!! amen!!
ReplyDeletePrayers going out for little Eden and thinking of you in this trying time.
ReplyDeletePraying for Eden! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding"
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh! i'm so sorry you are still going through so much with your little ones. I am praying that Eden gets better really soon. Hugs and prayers to you all. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteWe will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers, I am so sorry to hear this news about Eden.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear this about your beautiful Eden. My thoughts are with you and your family and sending best wishes to Eden.
ReplyDeleteI know you don't know me, I was referred to your blog as my daughter is very similar to your Eden. I have been following your girls' amazing stories and have been wanting to reach out to you for awhile. I would love to email you. I know you must be so busy and so full of worry and more right now. If you feel up to it, my email is maryd1013@yahoo.com and I will email you back. Thinking of you and your family. Mary