Eden has been approved for transport to TX and evaluation in TX for a lung transplant! They will be coming to get her early this week!! TX wanted us to be crystal clear that just because she is going there does not mean that she WILL get new lungs. They will do a barrage of tests once we arrive to determine IF indeed she is a candidate for transplant. Once she is approved the waiting will begin.
Scott and I made the very difficult decision of how to make this work for our family. Scott will become a single dad and will be staying here with Reagan- she is too medically fragile to travel, she has nursing care here and her MD's who know her here. I will be with Eden in TX. He will be able to come and visit every few weeks and hopefully I will come home a few times as well.
The sooner we get to TX the better for Eden. She is completely sedated but still has episodes of dropping her heartrate and O2 levels. This is very scary because it puts her in a very unstable position. We worry every time our phone rings that we will need to rush to the hospital. And it’s heartbreaking to see her sedated when just last week she was smiling and laughing.
So as we embark on our journey to TX please pray for a few things:
• A safe and uneventful transport there.
• Her evaluation to go well with little pain or episodes.
• And that she will be approved for transplant.
Praise the Lord for He is Good! That is great news! Now we continue to pray for some lungs so you can go home and be a family together! Way to go Eden!
ReplyDeleteThis is such an answer to prayers!!!
ReplyDeleteAs I have mentioned in prior comments, we are located in Houston - and at Texas Children's very often with our daughter.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do - even if it is as small as dropping off a Starbucks or dinner.
Praying that Eden's eval goes well and that she is approved for new lungs!!!
Well will be waiting for you hear if you need help getting started I can show you around we are hear until Saturday.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth's mom and dad said that if you need a ride any were or anything they are willing to give you a hand they are awesome.
Please know that your prayers are with you and your family. Dont be afraid to ask for help it will be very overwhelming when you first get hear to know what to do for getting her checked in and were to stay. I have some info that I have to tell you about so when we talk I will give you the rest.
Fabulous news! I hope everything works out!
ReplyDeleteSuch GREAT news for the Hedin family! What a blessing to take yet another step forward. I will continue to pray for you all as you embark on the next leg of this journey.
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! I am an October bumpie and been following your blog. I live in Houston - please send me an email if you need anything. My name is Ashley. ashesjo@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteGod Bless!
God bless your sweet family. We are strangers, but you have been in my prayers for many months. I will pray for sweet Eden, your travels, your marriage, and for God to ease your anxiety.
ReplyDelete"Lord God, you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go but ony that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."
I'm so glad you are heading to TX because it's a step closer to Eden getting better. I'm sure that this will be a difficult journey (as it has been) but you are such a strong and loving family so I know you guys will get through this.
ReplyDeleteSending love and prayers.
Steph
Your family is in my prayers EVERY WAKING MOMENT!!!!!!! I hope the travel goes without problems or issues. Take care and GOD BLESS
ReplyDeleteSo many prayers for your family!
ReplyDelete"He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart; "
Isaiah 40:11
May He carry your precious daughter close to His heart.