Saturday, March 22, 2014

She's always with us


March will forever be a month full of emotions and heartache ever since March 30, 2011.  That day we lost our sweet little Eden.  In eight short months, she taught me how to be patient, truly love and what is really important in life, it isn’t about material items, its about the moments that you share together.  Not a day goes by that I don’t think about and miss her, whether it is something I do with Reagan, something Reagan does and I wish it was two, or just moment and milestones I miss out on.  I thought seeing Eden again wasn’t possible until the great day when I can hold her, hug her and kiss her again when I get to heaven. 

That all changed on December 12, 2013, I have never believed in ghosts or the “super natural” but this night was different.  It was about 1:00 am and I heard Reagan cry.  I hopped out of bed to check on her, Amanda didn’t wake.  I was completely awake like I had slept enough but knew it was ridiculously early.  I opened the door and saw Reagan standing up on her bed (or so I thought).  I said “Reagan what are you doing, lay down and go back to sleep.”  I looked down and saw Reagan not making any noise and sleeping peacefully.  I literally rubbed my eyes and saw something standing at the top of Reagans head, it was a little shorter than Reagan would be compared to her bed and with shorter hair.  I reached out to it and there was “nothing” there but the image was still there.  It hit me, IT WAS EDEN!  In a relaxed, calm, soft voice, I said “Hi Eden, its daddy!”  She smiled and got ready to jump up and down.  I said to her, “No honey, Reagan is sleeping you can’t jump, lay down next to Reagan.”  Eden laid down slowly next to Reagan and put her arm over Reagan.  “Go nigh, nigh.  I love you Eden.” I said and left the room.  I laid in bed for about the next hour wide awake, thinking about what happened and if It was true.  It was!  Eden is always with us and watching over and protecting Reagan.  I thought that I wouldn’t see her until that day in heaven but Eden is with us every moment of every day even if we can’t see her and that helps me get through each day, especially March.

No comments:

Post a Comment