Kiddopotamus, my little Eden,
I never thought that today would ever happen. I never thought I would be celebrating your short life this way. In the last eight months, you changed me in every aspect of my life and it was all for the better. From the first time your mama and I referred to you as baby B my heart melted just thinking about you. I was so excited to teach you how to swim, ride a bike, have many special daddy/ daughter days, send you to school, just give you anything and everything you ever wanted. The amount of fight that you endured is astonishing to me and yet when anyone would walk in to see you, you still would get so excited and kick your little legs and almost act like you were screaming with excitement. No matter what kind of day I was having or the amount of stress I was dealing with, you made it all be forgotten when I came to see you. You are such an inspiration to me, the number of lives you have touched and reached in such a short time is an absolute miracle. I had never felt so much fullness in my heart when you and your sister were born. I feel like I am missing something in my heart with you not here but you will always be with me and not a moment goes by that I do not miss you and think about you. I can’t wait for that day to come so that I can hold you in my arms again, kiss you and hug you and be able to never let you go.
I LOVE YOU EDEN!!!!!
Daddy
I can't imagine how you and Amanda must feel. I am a fellow October Mom and I am praying for you and your family daily. I can't imagine what ya'll are going through and I wish I knew what to say to take all the hurt away. Thank you for sharing this it is VERY touching. Please know that MANY people are praying for you and the family. Eden will never be forgotten.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful letter to a beautiful girl. You and Amanda are such amazing parents. Thank you for including Casey and I in Eden's service today. It was such an honor to celebrate her short but remarkable life with you. As so many said today, she touched the lives of many and she will not be forgotten.
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking about you always. We are here for you guys whenever you need us.
With love,
Steph
My heart broke reading this.
ReplyDeleteYou will both be with your baby girl again one day, and it will be wonderful. Until then, she is loved and protected in the arms of our Savior, and He will give you strength to love and protect your daughter here.
I pray for you. I grieve with you.
I am incredibly sorry for your loss. You have had my prayers ever since your precious little girls were born. My husband and I will continue to pray for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThe Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.
My heart is broken for you and your family. I am a fellow October mom and cannot imagine what you all are going through. I can only say that you will be with your precious little girl again some day and until then she will be your guardian angel. My family and I are sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
ReplyDelete