We said goodbye to our sweet baby Eden today. She fought so hard and was so brave during the last 8 months, but she was too sick. Jesus welcomed her into heaven today where there are no ventilators, trachs or medications. Instead she is perfectly healthy with pink blankets, green rings and soft socks. We love her more than anything in the world and did everything we could for her. Our hearts are broken and the hole that is left will never be filled. Eden will be a donor so that she can help other babies live long, healthy lives.
Scott and I will be home tomorrow afternoon. We will begin making arrangements then, please simply pray for us right now.
Eden Bryn Hedin
8-2-2010 to 3-30-2011
I am so sorry. But glad she is at peace.
ReplyDeletei don't know you in person but i have followed your blog for awhile. i am so, so, so very sorry for the (earthly) loss of your precious eden. there are no words. i pray that God comforts you with a peace that passes all understanding and gives you mountains of strength right now. i hate that you are having to go through this :(. God bless you, your husband and sweet reagan!!
ReplyDeleteIm heart aches and your family is in my prayers. I have been reading since your pregnancy and am in awe of your strenght. I am so sorry
ReplyDeleteI don't know you in person either but have followed your story since the Oct. 2010 board. There are no words to express how sorry I am for your loss of your baby girl. I will pray for you and Scott and Reagan. Please let us know where to donate money in Eden's honor.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I am so sad to read this. May she rest in peace, out of any pain.
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in my thoughts.
Oh, I am so, so sorry. What heartbreak you must all be going through.
ReplyDeleteContinued prayers,
Alycia (and Andrew and Royal & Brenda too)
No words can express how sorry I am to hear this news. Our earth has lost another precious angel way too soon. I pray for peace among your family.
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI've been following your blog recently from someone else's and this is terrible news. My heart goes out to your entire family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog since the Oct 2010 board on the bump as well. You and your beautiful girls have been in my thoughts and prayers for months. I am so very sorry to hear this news. I will continue to keep you and your entire family in my prayers. I have been amazed at your strength and faith throughout all that you have gone through.
ReplyDeleteSara
I've been following your blog for many months (I am on The Bump's multiples board along with you.
ReplyDeleteI am so so sorry to read this. I wish I could offer more than these words. Please know that she lives on in many, many people's memories.
oh man...I hate this news. I never got to meet little Eden but she feels like an extension of my family! I am so sad for you two that you've had to go through so much and now this. I wish I knew what God's plan was for all of this but one day it will be clear to you! This is a parents worst nightmare, I am sorry you have to live in it. You will be doused in prayers, not just from me but everyone I know. May the peace of God overwhelm you in the coming days as you begin the grieving process.
ReplyDeleteI am absolutely heartbroken for your family. I have been following your blog since the twins' birth (from TB, october board), and have prayed with you along the way. Take comfort in knowing that she is no longer in any pain. Continued thoughts and prayers with your family.
ReplyDeleteLauren
I've followed this blog anonymously since the birth of the twins. I'm so sad to hear this news. I hope that you and your family will receive comfort in knowing that Eden is no longer suffering and she will live on in the lives of those that her organs will save as well as her twin sister. I hope that the days ahead will get easier as each goes on. I will continue praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about your lose. She was very a special little girl. God has taken her home to watch over all of you. Because of your generous gift she will live on in others that she has saved because of you priceless generosity . If you need anything let us know. May god bless your family and help you to heal your pain in time.
ReplyDeleteHi.
ReplyDeleteI am a friend of Scott's -- I know him from Optum. Every week, when I'd check in at the front desk, I'd ask about the babies and how they were doing. I am so, so sorry to hear the news of Eden's passing. I know that she was very loved.
Be kind to yourselves during this time.
Again -- so sorry for your loss.
I am so so sorry... I have been reading a praying for Eden for weeks now. I am glad she is at peace but I ache for you. God bless you all and kisses to Reagan.
ReplyDeleteMjlab78 on the bump
I've followed your blog since you were pregnant and was praying for your girls all along. I'm so, so sorry for you and your family. Prayers for all of you and for baby Eden, who is at least, at home with God.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is aching for you and your family. I started following your blog after being on the October board with you. I've prayed for your family since the girls were born and will continue to do so. Your faith and strength has inspired me countless times and I hope you find comfort in God.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to read of Eden's passing. Huge hugs to both of you.
ReplyDeleteMrs.raz
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter.
ReplyDeleteOh Amanda, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. Big hugs to you and your family and you will all continue to be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. I have been following since late in your pregnancy and have been praying for a happy outcome. Reagan has an angel looking over her now. God Bless you all!
ReplyDeleteI am a fellow october mommy and I have been following your story. I Am so sorry Your strength is amazing you are a wonderful mother! I will be praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI followed your story on the preemie board of TB. I am so incredibly sorry for you loss. My heart breaks for you. I will be keeping your whole family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you are able to find comfort know that Eden was so loved by so many people.
ReplyDeleteI'm so so sorry for your loss. I have prayed for months that Eden would come home with you. Instead you have an angel watching over you. You, Scott and Regan are in my prayers. God bless!
ReplyDeleteI have been honored to pray for you, Scott and Amanda, and your beautiful miracles. My prayers will not stop here. My heart aches for you.
ReplyDeletei am so sorry. i'm reading your story now and you and your husband have been so strong. there's nothing more i can say.
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm a fellow MVMOM. I have been following your family's story and I have been praying for you all. I cannot imagine the pain that you are going through. Please know that you are being uplifted through thoughts and prayers. Eden will never be forgotten.
ReplyDeleteYou are in prayers and thoughts. May you find comfort in family; friends; and memories.
ReplyDeleteThat is absolutely devastating. I am so, so unbelievably sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteMany prayers and tears for you, Amanda and Scott.
ReplyDeleteI'm so terribly sorry for the loss of your beautiful and very brave little daughter, Eden. She touched so many hearts in her short little life while here on earth. I pray for peace, comfort and understanding when you most need it in the weeks, months and years ahead.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is breaking for you. May God hold your family in His hands.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss and I am praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteAmanda and Scott,
ReplyDeleteThere are no words. I am so very sorry for your loss. May your faith in God lead you to comfort and peace. Eden was able to feel a lifetime of love in her short time here on Earth. She felt every bit of love that you hold in your heart for her, and she will continue to feel it in Heaven as she watches over her beautiful family. Peace to you.
My heart is breaking for your family. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet and beautiful picture of her above.
Our sincere condolences....our hearts ache for your loss. Words cannot express what you are going through now, nor can they express our deepest sorrows for all you have been through. But we pray that during this time of sorrow you my find great comfort in knowing that with God, death is not the end but the beginning - a gateway that leads to eternal life. Eden's suffering and struggles are over and have been replace with perfection.
ReplyDeleteMay the love of God sustain you, the peace of God be with you, and the promise of God comfort you during this time of sorrow. May you find strengthen and comfort in God's promises, knowing “...the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” Romans 6:23b
Amanda, Scott & Reagan,
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry for your loss. I wish I had words to bring you comfort, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through these difficult days. God bless you all.
Melanie (Oct. Mom)
Amanda, Scott and Reagan,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear this! I have been praying hard for Eden (and all of you!) and checked your blog almost daily! What a beautiful angel heaven gained! My thoughts and prayers are with you all!
Wendy
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Reagan has an amazing angel watching over her.
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm so sorry. My wife Jamie is in the MOMs group and I looked over to see her crying as she read this post. We just lost our daughter at 22 weeks gestation this month, and while I certainly can't compare our stillbirth experience with what you're going through, I do know something about that hole in your heart. Actually, Jamie said to me as we lay in bed the night she was born, "We have matching holes in our hearts now."
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for you. We're so sad and so sorry.
I have tears in my eyes for your family. What a beautiful girl Heaven has gained. This poem gave me hope when my close friend passed. I hope it give you some small comfort.
ReplyDeleteIf tomorrow starts without me,
And I’m not there to see.
If the sun should rise, and find your eyes,
Are filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn’t cry,
The way you did today.
While thinking of the many things, we didn’t get to say.
I know how much you loved me,
As much as I love you.
And every time you think of me, I know you’ll miss me too.
But when tomorrow starts without me,
I hope you’ll understand,
An angel came and called my name and took me by the hand.
She said my place was ready, in heaven up above,
And that I’d have to leave behind, all those I dearly love.
I had so much to live for, so much that I should do,
It seemed almost impossible, that I was leaving you.
I wish I could have said goodbye,
And kissed and seen you smile,
I wish I could have stayed with you even for a little while.
But then I had to realise, that this could never be,
Now emptiness and memories,
Would take the place of me.
But when I walked through heavens gates,
I felt so much at home,
And then the lord looked down on me, from his golden throne.
He said, “this is for eternity, but I will promise you,
Although your life on earth has passed, here life starts anew”
“I promise no tomorrow, but today will always last,
And since each days the same up here,
There’s no longing for the past”
My loved ones, please don’t grieve for me,
Cause I am truly free,
And I will wait for you to come and share my life with me.
So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don’t think we’re far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I’m right here in your heart
.
I have been following your blog from the multiples site on TB...I have prayed and will continue to pray for your whole family. My deepest condolences. Sweet Eden was so brave. She is an angel now looking out for her sweet sister and parents.
ReplyDeleteEricka in Michigan
Eden and one of our identical baby girls, who we lost at 3 weeks old, are dancing in the arms of the Lord, along with all the other angel babies who were taken from this temporary home too soon. May you find peace and comfort in the days ahead. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteYour Eden is so beautiful. I love the picture you posted of her. That is how I will remember her. Lots of tears and prayers for your and your family.
ReplyDelete-Jamie (Joey's wife and fellow MVMOM)
I am so sorry for loss Amanda. As I sit here reading this with tears in my eyes, I beleive that she is at peace, without pain in heaven. I will pray for your family and hope you heart will be able heal from this loss. Good bless..
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog since "meeting" you on the Oct 2010 Bump board. I am so sorry that you have to endure what no parents should ever have to go through. Your beautiful Eden will be in my prayers and her smile will live on forever in your hearts.
ReplyDeletekmawb
Amanda, Scott and Reagan,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. There are really no words to express my sympathy. I will continue to pray for you all.
Elizabeth
I am so very sorry. Praying for you and Scott.
ReplyDeleteI am so, so sad to hear of your loss. Eden was a beautiful little girl. I can tell by the picture that her smile must have lite up the room. May you find peace in God's love and comfort in the tough days ahead.
ReplyDeleteKatie Olson
Oh Scott and Amanda. My heart is broken and my tears are flowing. I'm so very very sorry. I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain.
ReplyDeleteI know your faith is strong and that Eden is in Heaven, finally at peace. That offers comfort, but I know selfishly we want our babies here with us.
Please let me know if there is anything you need. I am here for you at any time - day or night. Even if all you need is a shoulder to cry on.
Eden is a miracle and was such a wonderful gift - even if your time was cut short. I feel blessed to have known her and your family. I know that Liam welcomed her into Heaven with open arms and a smile. I know they are together, but now are healthy and peaceful. They will watch over us and will always know how much we love them. There won't be a day that goes by that Eden won't be in your heart...Liam is always in mine.
My prayers and sympathy are with you during this difficult time. Eden's smile will be one that I'll never forget.
God bless you, Reagan and of course your angel, Eden.
Steph
your family are in my thoughts and prayers...she is up with God and watching over her twin
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for the loss of your sweet daughter. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
ReplyDelete"Live life fully"
I am so sorry for your loss of precious baby Eden. You are in our thoughts and prayers. You are such amazing parents and have an unbelievalbe strength.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. May your sweet baby be with you always in your heart.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry for the loss of your baby Eden.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss Amanda. I don't know you but I've followed your blog via the Bump multiples board (our twins were due around the same time). My sincere condolences to you and your family. May your beautiful Eden rest in peace.
ReplyDeleteI am an October Mommy and have been following your blog daily. My heart broke this morning when I raed of your loss and I am sending many thoughts, prayers and hugs your way to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me but I've been following your blog (I have twin 10 mo. old girls) and my heart just aches right now for you loss. So thankful that this world is not the end and that for her all but too brief a life Eden got to spend her time with parents who loved and enjoyed her fully and also who loved the Lord. God has taken one of his little ones home to be with him and I pray that gives you some measure of comfort in this time. May God continue to surround you with his loving arms of comfort and protection. Praying for your family,
ReplyDeleteRachel Speelman
My heart aches with you today. I pray that God wraps you in His love and holds you extra close over the coming days. There just aren't words, but I am so so sorry. Please let us know if we can help. Our prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteWith love,
Brittany
(Aidan and Patrick's nanny from down the street)
Words aren't enough. Know that there are lots of people thinking about you and praying for you. God Bless little Eden. Heaven gained a bright angel.
ReplyDeleteI don't know you guys either, but I'm sorry to hear about your little one. My prayers go out to u and your family, rest in peace Eden...
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear this. My heart is so sad for you. You now have a beautiful angel looking down on you, Scott & Reagan. I will continue to pray for your family.
ReplyDeleteI dont know you, but I'll say a prayer for your family tonight. Praise the Lord that she's in heaven and that you'll see her again someday. What an exhausting fight you had, I'm just so sorry. - Stephanie W
ReplyDeleteSweet, sweet picture. I'm so sorry that you lost your lovely daughter. There are no words.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. You have amazing strength. Heaven has received one amazing angel. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful child. I'm so sorry for your loss. Heaven got another angel. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteI a from the Oct. 10 board too. I have been following your blog. I am so sorry about Eden's passing. I wish you and your family all the strength in the world. You will all be in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. Eden was such a fighter. I'm thinking of you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. My heart absolutely breaks for you. Eden was a beautiful fighter. Your family is in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. I will hold your family's peace and healing in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteTheresa Jorgenson
We are so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.
ReplyDeletePeace,
Magura Direct Staff
What hope you have in your heavenly father. She is fully restored and healthy now. She will always be etched on your hearts and minds. What a blessing she was to your lives. Thank your faithful God for precious time spent with your little one. You have such hope of seeing her again. I am sure she knew the love of the father being in your care. It is in the trials in our lives that God turns our pain into something beautiful. So sorry to hear of the loss of your precious baby girl.
ReplyDeleteFor the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love."
ReplyDeleteLamentations 3:22-26; 31-32
I'm sorry for your loss and I pray that God will give you comfort and strength.
Shekeracombs@yahoo.com
I don't know you and have not been following your blog until I saw something on the July 2010 board - My prayers for peace are going out to you. You will see Eden again - an appropriate name for a little angel in her eden in Gods arms right now. Your heart will never be the same, but she is at peace now - even though it hurts so bad.
ReplyDeleteI have been following along - wishing and hoping and praying for your family for months. I am so sorry to hear about Eden. She was a gorgeous little girl! Wishing peace and comfort for your family.
ReplyDeleteI can't express how sorry I am about Eden's passing. I haven't been following your blog, I just learned about you on the 6-9 month board but I have read a lot of it today. My heart breaks for you and your family! Ya'll will be in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog for quite a while since my baby was a NICU baby. I am deeply sorry about your loss. I was shocked to see your post yesterday. You both are so strong. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss! I've been following your blog from the beginning and been thinking and praying for your family. You will all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. You are vey strong loving parents and I hope your little angel RIP and watches over her sister and all of you.
ReplyDeleteThere are no words that can express the sorrow we feel at this time. May god bless your family and give you strength.
ReplyDeleteThere are no words. You're in our hearts.
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry for the loss of your brave little Eden. My heart goes out to you and your family. I have followed your blog from the special needs board on TB. Many of the things I have read have been so similar to our experience with our son. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteYou are very special parents with a very special little angel now looking over you.
Oh Amanda and Scott, I can't imagine how you feel right now. You and Reagan will hold little Eden in your hearts forever. In fact, Reagan has a special little angel always over her shoulder. She is a lucky little girl. She also has such wonderful and caring parents. While Reagan is your future, as you watch her grow, remember she is happily carrying the torch for her sister because her little body just could not do it any longer. I am so sorry for your loss, but as you have through all of this, I know you will persevere. You are so strong. I admire you so much, Mary Jo
ReplyDeleteMy deepest sympathies. I've been following your story for quite some time, and I can't imagine going through what you've been through with the same grace. May God comfort you and your family throughout this time of pain.
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through the preemie board and have been reading it since about October. My heart aches for you and your family. Please know that even though I do not know your family, you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe are very sorry to hear about the loss of your little girl. May God be with you during this time.
ReplyDeleteI am a fellow Oct. Bumpie who has been following your blog since the girls were born. My heart aches for you all. God has another beautiful angel to help watch over us all.
ReplyDelete~L3mamabear/ Laura L.
I'm a fellow October 10 bumpie as well...I am so sorry for your loss.. I can't begin to imagine what your family is going through right now but at least Eden is at peace in Gods arms now. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers...Please let us know where donations can be sent in honor of Eden.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for the loss of your dear sweet Eden. Her picture is beautiful. You all fought a good fight. Sending love - came here via another blogger.
ReplyDelete(( hugs))
Scott & Amanda..
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry to read of your loss. Eden was such a beautiful, precious baby girl and she tried so hard. She is safe in the arms of Jesus now and will always be your precious angel. You are all in my thoughts and prayers! I'm praying that God's peace that passes understanding will carry you through the days and weeks ahead. God Bless You All!
Cindy Swain
Scott - I have not seen you for many years, but was brought to your blog today by a mutual friend. Amanda and Scott - your strength and faith are truly amazing. Your love for one another and your girls is so transparent in your posts and truly an inspiration to us all. I will continue to pray for God to give you peace. Heidi (Dirksen) Darrah
ReplyDeleteI'm am so extremely sad to read this. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. Your sweet baby Eden was gorgeous and she will be missed. She fought so hard and deserved to have a chance at life. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Words just can't explain how sad i am for you both. Rest in Peace sweet little baby girl. Rachel Minholz aka hopeful34 xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteI have been following your story since the girls were born and I am so heart broken for you and your husband. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteI just read every entry in your blog. I feel like I know you guys! I am so sad to read about your sweet baby Eden. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are in. She was such a fighter! You both have been amazingly strong and your love for both our girls is so evident in your entries. Your whole family is in my prayers. Rest in peace sweet baby Eden.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. From your blog, the pictures, and the video you posted I could tell that Eden was a VERY sweet and special baby girl. I am praying that Jesus will wrap His ever comforting arms around your family. God bless y'all, and rest in the sweet arms of Jesus Eden!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog on the bump, and I wanted to send my love and condolences. I lost my 2 month old son 2 1/2 months ago, and I'm so sorry that now you have to be a part of this awful club. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Eden.
ReplyDeleteI also knew of you from the bump oct 2010 moms. Words can't even say what my heart is feeling for you now. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter. May God give you and your family everything you need.
ReplyDeleteI'm from the Bump - Oct. Mom board. My words cannot express how sorry I am for the loss of your gorgeous sweet Eden. I just said a prayer for you and your family. May peace, love and comfort find you during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteMissy
I am so sorry for you loss. I have been reading your blog since right before you had your little ones and you have been in my daily prayers. We will continue praying for God's comfort at this time!
ReplyDeleteI too have been following your blog from the Oct 2010 group. I am so so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you and sweet baby Eden. I've been hoping and praying for a different outcome. God Bless Baby Eden.
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog since the Bump Oct board. There are no words that I can offer you at this time but my heart is breaking for you and your family. You all fought such a good fight and I am so sorry it ended this way. Eden was a sweet beautiful baby who will forever be watching over your family. May peace, comfort and love find you during this difficult, unimaginable time. You are in my thoguhts and prayers
ReplyDeletePrayers for you and your beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteWhile I have never met you in person, I have been a faithful follower of your blog since you shared your story on the October 2010 bump board. I an so sorry for your loss and it breaks my heart. I have been keeping you and your wonderful family in my thoughts and prayers since you shared your story and hope that they continue to offer you comfort during this difficult time. Eden was such a fighter and she will be greatly missed. She will continue to live on in our hearts and through her organ donations - thank you for letting us share in her life.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. I got to take care of Eden just for one evening in the NICU and I will always remember her huge grins and big kicks. We are thinking and praying for you in your time of loss.
ReplyDelete