Thursday, April 14, 2011

We love you Eden


I never knew my heart could feel so broken. Everyday is a struggle just to get out of bed. Scott feels the same way, and he has gone back to work so it’s probably even harder for him. This sadness that I walk around with every moment of everyday feels like it will never go away. Our lives are forever changed, we can't 'get through this' or 'move on', we have determined though that we simply have become different people; people who have lost a child, people whose hearts ache, people who want their daughters spirit and legacy to live on forever. We are figuring out how to do this- how do we make people and Reagan, especially, ALWAYS remember Eden. Sometimes we wish that God would write it down on a piece of paper, but we know that He doesn't work that way. Instead, somehow and at some point in our lives He will reveal to us how to make Eden live on. For now, we simply ache for her. We LOVE you forever Eden.

Thank you again to everyone for the cards, money, donations, flowers, gifts, meals, support and love.

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your family as you navigate through this new world.

    Hugs from The B Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking of you and following along since sweet Eden passed. I lost my son at 2 months old (3 months ago) so I understand your pain and can relate to what you said in this post. I have a similar picture of me and my husband at my son's funeral. Brings up so many emotions. Hugs to you and your family. Take care of you as best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS MR AN MRS HEDIN, MY NAME IS CATHY (pharmacy lady who delivered medicine) I wish had a chance to see you before you left the hospital, but my prayers goes out to you and your family.faith is the key, and god will pull you through this and the support from family and friends. STAY BLESSED.cathyw610@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family have touched my life in a profound way. I know that doesn't help ease your pain, but I truly believe that God had a big plan for sweet little Eden, and over time that plan will be revealed. I pray that God will wrap you in His arms and carry you across the sand, as He as always there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cry as I read your words because I know how much you hurt. Eden is so special that she will live on forever in your hearts and in the people that knew her, or knew her through you. I truly believe that our children were here for a reason bigger than we can understand.

    You are changed forever. We are different people because we had Eden and Liam in our lives. We are changed because we have loved so deeply and because we have lost something so dear to our hearts. How can an experience like this NOT change us to our core? Somehow we find a new normal. Somehow we find bits of our old selves in the new people we have become. Somehow we keep going. It's not easy and it hurts. But your little girl is a part of your soul and will be forever. You will find the perfect way to keep Eden's memory alive in time. I know I will never forget her.

    Remember that I'm here for you. Thinking about you guys constantly. God bless Eden and Liam. I know He is taking good care of our babies.

    With love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda and Scott, on this day that we remember the triumph of Christ over death, please know that I am keeping "Eden's sister, and Eden's Mommy and Daddy" in my thoughts and prayers.

    How I wish your pain and grief could be taken away. I am begging Jesus, our Redeemer, to bless you with every grace imaginable, so that you can both live your lives and care for Reagan while keeping love for Eden in your hearts.

    Jesus, we hope for your grace on earth and for eternal life with you in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete